13 October 2009

Free Stuff for the Garden

Lately, I've been collecting free things for our garden.

I picked up hessian bags behind the local fish'n'chips shop today. They go on top of compost heaps or worm farms to keep the soil moist and living
Also today at Greenhouse Park after volunteering I picked up three huge bags of really nice mulch
Yesterday I picked up free cardboard boxes (already flattened)
I've been collecting things to grow seedlings in, including egg cartons, toilet rolls, etc.
I collected seeds from a tomato and a pumpkin to dry and plant myself
I also use our green garden waste bin to collect rain water
I'm also making a homemade pesticide by recycling a dried pepper and a tablespoon of garlic.

Sometime I'll do a thing of how many things I've bought and estimate the cost.

My goal is to spend very little money to support a low-maintenance garden the produces food and provides habitat.

No comments:

Post a Comment