18 September 2009

Spring

Sunday morning I got up before Ella for the first time in a long time.

I ate a banana and left only to realize I forgot my cell phone. I came back and got it with just enough time to pick up several guys in Port Kembla. There were five of us from the Port Kembla Men's Group offering our services at Spring into Corrimal, an event that attracted 30,000 people. Here's a photo I took about 9 AM:


We set up a make shift coffee shop next to a food stall at the top of a car boot sale. Here's a photo of the car boot sale:
Here's a photo of the coffee shop. The two guys to the right and little dog are with the men's group.

After setting the coffee up I took a tour of the car boot sale and snatched up a wicked grab. I bought a Kathmandu baby carrier backpack for $40 AUD. New would probably cost $200 AUD. It's really as good as new. Ella hated getting put in it the first time. But once she realized how fun it was to ride in, she looks forward to it with great zeal.

When I found the backpack I only had $20 in my wallet. I gave it to the woman selling it and said I'll be back. I got a loan from the men's group to pay the rest. At the end of the day I spoke with the woman's husband. They were incredibly proud they were giving/selling the backpack to a good home. They asked if I thought we might take it on a trek. I said, "Oh, yes!" I asked them if they were interested in a Food Swap at North Wollongong garden. They were highly interested. I gave them my e-mail address.

No comments:

Post a Comment