11 July 2009

Ella's Signs


Today, I woke up to Ella’s voice at 6:15 AM. She’s running late today. I found her standing in her cot/crib. When in the dark she saw me she made a squeal of inhalation and excitement. I changed her nappy/diaper. Normally, she’s screaming through this part of the morning b/c her nappy’s very wet and she’s very hungry for Mama’s milk. It was much easier this morning for some reason. Instead of screaming, Ella was jabbering on to me about something and using sign language we’ve been trying to teach her. She did the sign for “I want,” “more,” and I think she did the sign for “milk,” though that was hard to see in the dark. She was also using language resembling English words like “more.” Did she say, “I love you, Daddy. Please take me to Mama’s milk soon?” I’m not sure. I was still pretty tired and struggling to open my eyes at that point. Or, did I dream this whole thing?

One thing's for sure, she's precious to me, as is her Mama. Both of them amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment